Snapshot Texture Packs & Resource Packs for Minecraft
There are development versions before every major Minecraft update. These are used to inform the community about the current status and to find out if there are any bugs or suggestions for improvement. So there are a lot of new things to discover. You should also know that the Mojang developers immediately work on the next update when the last one has just been released. However, it’s quite disappointing when you realize that your favorite pack hasn’t been updated yet. That’ why here is a complete list of snapshot texture packs. Unfortunately, they differ in their completeness. One pack may have all new textures and another one may have only a few new blocks.
Furthermore, the snapshot texture packs are in development just like Minecraft itself. Errors can occur in rare cases, but this is the absolute exception. It’ s a good sign when a pack has been added to this list, because it shows that it is under active development. You can only thank the creators, because most of the projects are free. XRay and Faithful are especially noteworthy, because these packs are most of the time compatible with all new versions.
How to install Snapshot Texture Packs
By the way, it makes no difference if you use an experimental snapshot, pre-release or release candidate. The installation and the download links are the same.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher.
- Create a new profile under “Installations”.
- Select the latest snapshot version in the “Version” tab.
- Launch this profile by clicking on the green “Play” button.
- Download a snapshot texture pack.
- Go to the Minecraft options and then to resource packs.
- Move the pack into this window.
- Agree to the import. It is possible that the game detects an incorrect pack version. You can ignore this warning.
Texture Pack List
It’s worth checking this page regularly because the list is updated every week. New snapshot texture packs are added all the time and usually a new preview version is released every Wednesday.