The Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack is rated five out of five stars in the Minecraft Marketplace, which is the first indication that you can expect excellent textures. It is also one of the most downloaded resource packs across all platforms. There are reasons for its high popularity, because the pack is available for both the Java Edition and the Bedrock Edition. This gives every Minecraft player the chance to play with it. On top of that, many YouTubers have often played with it in their videos. Fans also wanted to download PureBDcraft as a result, because they saw how great the textures are.
The first thing you see after the installation is the main menu and there you can directly discover the first cool changes to the user interface. The font and the buttons have been changed. In addition, the background image has been replaced and now looks much better. Also, the loading screen has been customized. You’ll quickly notice that the entire look of the game has been redesigned.
Besides, it will be interesting for you to know that everything strongly resembles a cartoon. You’ll surely appreciate this style, since it will make the animals around you look much nicer and even hostile mobs won’t seem scary. Some of them have a random look.
Each block has been created with great attention to detail and all the blocks together make a great overall look. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide whether you prefer average or high-resolution textures. Fortunately, PureBDcraft is available in any resolution, as you can see in the info box at the top.
Overall, there is a huge jump in quality between the lowest and highest versions. The 128x package acts as a good reference point, as it’s in the middle and is best suited for most computers. If you find that your PC is too poor and you are getting lags, try a lower resolution. If you get a lot of FPS you can do the opposite and choose a higher resolution.
Moreover, the texture pack is downloadable for every Minecraft version, because the development already started at MC-Beta 1.6. To give you an idea how long ago that was, back then the Nether became playable for multiplayer for the first time. Accordingly, it can be said that Sphax has been working on PureBDcraft since the beginning of 2011. A lot of time has passed since then, but still every texture of an update is always replaced by a new one by Sphax. Consequently, you won’t find placeholder textures anywhere in your environment, because everything is 100% complete.
So far, we’ve been talking about why the texture pack is so popular. Now we come to the devices you can use PureBDcraft with. Basically, this can be answered quickly, because it can be used on all devices that support the Java Edition or Bedrock Edition.This is feasible because the BDcraft team is an official Minecraft partner and offer their creations in the Marketplace. As a rule, all game consoles (e.g. PS4) and operating systems (e.g. Android) should be able to handle these cartoon textures.
Usually, especially successful texture packs have a lot of add-on content that complements the base pack. Sphax PureBDcraft also has a whole list of free add-ons. Take a look at our overview carefully, because maybe there is something that you like. Further down you will find all download links.
Unlike the Bedrock Edition, PureBDcraft for the Java Edition is completely free. In the next lines you’ll find all the necessary steps to follow for a problem-free installation. After that, you’ll be able to enjoy completely new game graphics on your computer, which you’ll surely like. In our tests, the tutorial worked with Windows, Linux and macOS.
1. First, you must accept the cookies when you enter the BDcraft website. You’ve probably seen this popup before on other sites. Either click on “Accept” directly or on “Advanced settings” to get to the privacy dashboard.
2. The second step is to scroll down the page a bit. There you select a game version (e.g. 1.16) and a resolution (e.g. 512x) under the subheading “Download”. However, the best resolution only works with Nvidia 10 Series or a better graphics card, because there are technical limitations. Intel and AMD users unfortunately cannot use 512x. At this point you can also view the full change log, which lists the latest updates.
3. Once you have made your selection you can click on “Download” to download the Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack. Now you will see a popup with two options. We recommend you to choose “Download with AD”, because this way you don’t have to spend any money. Alternatively, you can sign up for a paid membership.
5. Now you need to watch 15 seconds of advertisements on the page. After that, the message “Your download is ready” will appear at the top. The length of the download process that starts now depends on how good your internet connection is and what resolution you have chosen.
6. Next, open Minecraft and navigate to “Options” and then to “Resource Packs”.
7. Then click on “Open resource packs folder”. Move the downloaded zip file to your resource packs folder, which you normally don’t need to unzip.
8. Return to Minecraft and click on the pack to activate it.
9. Finally, click on “Done” and the installation is complete. Wait until the game has loaded the new textures.
Sometimes it can happen that Minecraft crashes and cannot be opened anymore when loading the textures. This is probably because your hardware is too bad. In this case, you should allocate more RAM to Minecraft and think about choosing a lower resolution.
Sphax PureBDcraft FAQ
Sphax PureBDCraft is the most popular texture pack ever, which transforms the look of Minecraft into a comic book with an unique cartoon style.
To date, it is compatible from version 1.2.5 to version 1.16.x of Minecraft.
Yes, it is available on the MarketPlace at the price of 660 Minecoins. You can buy it at the official store.
Sphax PureBDCraft is available in resolutions ranging from 16×16 to 512×512. If you experience a slowdown, try a lower resolution.
PureBDcraft takes your game world with cartoony HD textures to the next level. Overall, the landscape looks much more colorful and vibrant, which is definitely due to the bright colors. Our favorite are the blocks, items, tools and weapons.