Computers have become more and more powerful in recent years and therefore video games have also become more realistic. To be honest, you can’t include regular Minecraft here, because the graphics are very simple, but that can be changed. One approach would be to install the Stratum texture pack for Minecraft. This pack changes the entire look and turns the open-world game into a visual masterpiece.
Stratum texture pack can keep up well with its competitors because it relies on special techniques. First of all, you should know that PBR textures are used. Physically based rendering makes the landscape look much more realistic because the light in combination with the Continuum shaders looks authentic. If you play with the Stratum 2048x version, you will feel like you are playing a completely different game. Of course, there are also lower resolutions, which are mainly made for low-end computers. The great thing about the basic version is that it is completely free. In contrast, you have to pay for all other resolutions.
PBR and POM Support
But now back to the technical aspects. There is also extensive POM support in addition to the PBR textures. The full name of this is Parallax Occlusion Mapping and it is used to create cool 3D blocks in the Stratum texture pack. This graphical effect is one of the coolest features because it gives you extreme realism. It can be said that POM gives the textures much more detail and depth.
There is also the normal and specular maps feature that only works with shaders. This gives the reflections on the blocks that look incredibly good. As a result, you will notice how the Stratum texture pack becomes even more realistic because more boring textures suddenly look incredibly good due to the new reflections.
Furthermore, you should take a look at the system requirements, because Minecraft might crash. Also, it is certainly good to know that the Stratum texture pack is not compatible with Bedrock, MCPE, and the Windows edition because it is made exclusively for Java Edition.
Stratum is compatible with these Minecraft versions: 1.21 – 1.20.5 – 1.20.4 – 1.20.3 – 1.20.2 – 1.20.1 – 1.20 – 1.19.4 – 1.19.3 – 1.19.2 – 1.19.1 – 1.19 – 1.18.2 – 1.18.1 – 1.18 – 1.17.1 – 1.17 – 1.16.5 – 1.16 – 1.15.2 – 1.15 – 1.14.4 – 1.14 – 1.13.2 – 1.13 – 1.12.2 – 1.12
- Shader Support
Video & Screenshots
How To Install Stratum Texture Pack
There are four different choices to install the Stratum texture pack. However, three of them are chargeable, which is why we refer to the free trial version in this tutorial. In our opinion, this version is also completely sufficient, because it’s also up to date. Besides, it is advisable to first test whether your PC is capable of processing such a realistic texture pack with high FPS.
- Click on the Stratum texture pack download link, which will redirect you to the official Continuum Graphics website. Choose the version you want to play and click download. Additionally, you can download an add-on for more beautiful tree leaves.
- To use all the cool features in this pack, download and install OptiFine.
- Download and install SEUS PTGI. Ensure that you have configured the correct texture resolution in the shader settings and have enabled PBR and POM in SEUS.
- Download the Stratum texture pack for Minecraft from the file section below. Pick the file that matches your Minecraft edition and version.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Click "Options" on the main menu.
- In the options, go to the submenu “Resource Packs”.
- Click "Open Pack Folder" at the bottom left to see a folder titled "resourcepacks".
- Put the downloaded ZIP file into your "resourcepacks" folder. Or, just drag and drop it into the Minecraft window to add the pack.
- You will see the pack on the left side of the resource pack selection menu. Unzip the file if you can't see the pack.
- Hover over the pack thumbnail and click the arrow pointing right.If the game says the pack is for a newer or older Minecraft version when you activate it, don't worry! It's just a heads-up. Click 'Yes' and enjoy the new textures – it won't affect your gameplay.
- Click "Done" and all assets have been loaded.
You may want to purchase the full Stratum texture pack in the future. This will give you early access to future updates and help fund the project. You can choose between three different tiers in the official online store:
- Tier 1: 256x for 5 US Dollars
- Tier 2: 256x and 512x for 15 US Dollar
- Tier 3: 2048x, 1024x, and all other resolutions for 25 US Dollars
Stratum Texture Pack Download
Paid Download (Java Edition):