Usually it is common to try to get the maximum out of Minecraft. However, the 8bit Craft 2 Texture Pack is different, because it makes the textures more simple and not more realistic. You’ll probably have seen simple textures in other packs before, but in this case the very low resolution is special. As the name suggests, all the blocks, objects, and creatures are at only 8 pixels. The differences compared to vanilla Minecraft are very clear because the resolution is halved. If you look very closely, you can only see similarities in the items. Whereas the blocks have been completely redesigned and are now much simpler and more colorful.
You might be wondering why you should play with the pack when the graphics are getting more pixelated. One advantage is that 8bit-Craft 2 gives you an FPS boost in Minecraft. This makes the entire game run smoother and there are significantly fewer lags. By the way, there are also alternatives, such as F8thful and Rodrigo’s Pack. One major difference is that these alternatives offer you much fewer features. While all three packs have simplistic blocks, the 8-bit Craft 2 texture pack has so much more features to offer.
• The glass is not connected to each other in the default pack and thus unsightly borders appear. The creator of the project is aware of this problem, which is why he has connected all glasses. This gives you the possibility to build large windows without frames.
• There are also connected blocks. As a result, the landscape looks much nicer, because everything blends into each other. The Texture Pack is far superior to its competition because of the support of this feature.
• In addition, you have the possibility to create custom items. To do this, you need to go to an anvil in your world and change the name of the item. You can use the following names for diamond and netherite swords: Neon Pink Katana, NB Pride Sword, and Rainbow Sword. You can find a complete name list on the official Discord server.
In our opinion, these are the best features of the 8bitCraft 2 texture pack. In addition, there are the following features to discover: glowing stuff, item skins, new plant variations and 3D models. Ultimately, it’s the simplicity and the many configuration options that stand out. Apart from that, it can be noted that the textures look much cuter and have a fabulous design.
Fortunately, there is a port for MCPE. What is special is that the user beautiful_developer has released 8-bitCraft 2 for MCPE for free. As a Bedrock player, you usually have to buy Minecoins with real money and only then you can access texture packs in the Marketplace. In this case, the download link on our site will be sufficient and will redirect you to the official download page.
8-bitCraft is compatible with these Minecraft versions: 1.18.2 – 1.18.1 – 1.18 – 1.17.1 – 1.17 – 1.16.5 – 1.16
Screenshots & Video
How to install the 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack
- First of all, you need to choose the correct file. You must click on the 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack Download button for the Java Edition, because this tutorial only works on PC.
- After that, launch Minecraft and click “Play”.
- Once the game files are loaded you have to click on “Options” to get to the next page.
- Now select “Resource Packs” on the left side.
- Now navigate to your download folder in the file manager and copy the downloaded ZIP file.
- Return to Minecraft and click “Open Resource Packs Folder” at the bottom left.
- Copy the ZIP file into this folder and activate the texture pack in Minecraft.
If you receive an incompatibility message, you can still activate the pack.
8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack Download
[.MCPACK] Download 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack
[8x] [1.18.X] Download 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack
[8x] [1.17.X] Download 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack
[8x] [1.16.X] Download 8-bitCraft 2 Texture Pack
Check out the project on the official source
The 8-bitCraft project is definitely not a downgrade for the game, because it improves the normal Minecraft in its very own way. All in all, the pack offers a lot of variety with custom items and block transitions.
When is the 1.19 version released?
The developer is already working on the new update, but no release date is announced yet.