The Jicklus texture pack that changes every block, item, and entity within the game can be best described as medieval, rustic, and classic. These three words give you a glimpse of what to expect. The project got released in 2019 when the creator combined his two packs, Jicklus Green and Orange, into one big texture pack. This was a great idea, as the pack has become very popular in the Minecraft community with several hundred thousand downloads. By the way, the creator’s name is Jack Whittaker, an illustrator, animator, and game developer from the United Kingdom.
All textures in this pack are classic, as mentioned at the beginning. However, this does not mean anything bad, as your buildings will look fantastic. You won’t find any super modern blocks, but there are still some highlights. You can find further below some gameplay screenshots.
The Jicklus resource pack manages to stay true to the normal Minecraft graphics due to the comparatively low resolution. Nevertheless, it is no ordinary Faithful edit because the blocks and items have a unique style. You will quickly notice that some details can still be seen in the simple textures. It should also be positively pointed out that everything is 100% complete. This is very important because few people want to use an incomplete texture pack. Accordingly, there are enhancements everywhere. Be it the GUI, weapons, or font; everything has been completely reworked.
In addition, there are some add-ons for Jicklus that add even more new things. The add-ons can be divided into two groups: the “official” add-ons and some fan-made add-ons that are published on the Jicklus Discord. This gives you the possibility to compile all textures according to your preferences.
The most popular add-ons are:
- “Golden Birch” Add-on: This pack adds golden birch leaves.
- “Orange Autumn” Add-on: This pack will give your Minecraft world an autumnal look.
- “Pretty In Pink” Add-on: It adds some pink textures. For example, there are blossom birch tree leaves and a blossom-covered crafting table.
Jicklus is compatible with these Minecraft versions: 1.20.1 – 1.20 – 1.19.4 – 1.19.3 – 1.19.2 – 1.19.1 – 1.19 – 1.18.2 – 1.18.1 – 1.18 – 1.17.1 – 1.17 – 1.16.5 – 1.16 – 1.15.2 – 1.15 – 1.14.4 – 1.14
Video & Screenshots
How to install the Jicklus Texture Pack
There are a few tips for proper usage of the Jicklus texture pack. The author highly recommends using it in conjunction with OptiFine. This suggestion stems from the fact that OptiFine provides mobs with random textures. Consequently, you’ll never encounter two zombies with the same appearance next to each other, creating a more diverse environment. Additionally, the author suggests trying out Sildur’s Shaders, as it breathes life into Minecraft.
- First of all, click on the Jicklus texture pack download. The download will start immediately. The file size is about 10 MB, so you don’t have to worry about your disk space.
- Launch Minecraft and wait until your computer has loaded everything.
- Click on “Options” in the main menu.
- In the options menu, go to the submenu “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open Pack Folder” at the bottom left.
- Move the downloaded ZIP file into your resourcepacks folder.
- You will see the pack on the left half of the resource pack screen. If it is not displayed in Minecraft, you need to unzip the file.
- Move the cursor to the pack logo and click the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click on “Done”.
You can install the addons with the same procedure. The only important thing is that the main pack is at the bottom and the add-ons are at the top of the resource pack list. The game may tell you during the installation that the pack was made for a newer or older Minecraft version. This is an error and you can still activate the pack.
Jicklus Texture Pack Download
[16x] [1.20.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[16x] [1.19.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[16x] [1.18.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[16x] [1.17.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[16x] [1.16.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[16x] [1.15.X – 1.14.X] Download Jicklus Texture Pack
[1.17.X – 1.16.X] Download Pretty in Pink Add-on
Here and there you will discover a few unusual designs. But this is fully intentional, because Jicklus is supposed to be unique, so that playing Minecraft is still fun. There are fans all over the world who use this traditional texture pack every day.