We have all been impacted by the global pandemic, and even in Minecraft, it’s no different. Let’s call a spade a spade – there’s a Corona texture pack that adds special add-ons. Most of the mobs in the game now wear facemasks that resemble real ones. While Creepers won’t actually infect you with the virus, they may not adhere to social distancing…
It’s important to note that neither we nor the creator of the pack intends to make fun of or belittle the seriousness of the topic. Instead, the Corona texture pack should be seen as a lighthearted and quirky addition. As soon as you start Minecraft, you’ll notice changes right from the menu, including the new title “Covid Edition” instead of “Java Edition”. Even the Bottle o’ Enchanting has been transformed into disinfectant, so every time you use it, your virtual hands are sanitized. In addition to changes like toilet paper rolls and cans as items, there are many other surprises waiting for you to discover.
The Corona texture pack can be used for roleplaying or educational purposes, allowing players to simulate aspects of the pandemic in a virtual environment. This could be used for educational purposes to teach about hygiene practices, social distancing, and other pandemic-related concepts in a creative and interactive way. Some players may download the Corona texture pack as a form of personal expression, reflecting their experiences or thoughts about the pandemic through their Minecraft gameplay. It can be a way to express oneself and engage with dramatic events in a creative manner.
You can also put on masks yourself, which reflect the design of your armor helmet. To give you a better overview, here are some of the best features of the Corona Texture Pack:
- Mobs with masks
- Wearable masks (helmets)
- Wearable gloves (chest plates)
- Hazmat suit (golden armor) by Codename Blue
- Corona themed items and paintings
- Enderdragon is spitting on you (retextured fireball)
- Animals get a “infected” particle when you breed them (retextured heart particle)
- Corona themed splashes on title screen
- Corona themed background
Corona is compatible with these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 – 1.16.4 – 1.16.3 – 1.16.2 – 1.16.1 – 1.16 – 1.15.2 – 1.15.1 – 1.15
How To Install Corona Texture Pack
- To use all the cool features in this pack, download and install OptiFine.
- Download the Corona texture pack for Minecraft from the file section below. Pick the file that matches your Minecraft edition and version.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Click "Options" on the main menu.
- In the options, go to the submenu “Resource Packs”.
- Click "Open Pack Folder" at the bottom left to see a folder titled "resourcepacks".
- Put the downloaded ZIP file into your "resourcepacks" folder. Or, just drag and drop it into the Minecraft window to add the pack.
- You will see the pack on the left side of the resource pack selection menu. Unzip the file if you can't see the pack.
- Hover over the pack thumbnail and click the arrow pointing right.If the game says the pack is for a newer or older Minecraft version when you activate it, don't worry! It's just a heads-up. Click 'Yes' and enjoy the new textures – it won't affect your gameplay.
- Click "Done" and all assets have been loaded.
Corona Texture Pack Download
[MCPACK] Download Corona Texture Pack
[16x] Download Corona Texture Pack